Private High Tea Boat Tour
The most spectacular and intimate high tea in Sydney. Sip sparkling wine, enjoy high tea and see the highlights of the harbour – there is no more beautiful, intimate and elegant way to experience the harbour. This is the perfect experience to show the best of what Sydney has to offer. Captain Stu will ensure that you have the best views of the harbour – (and he will even turn his hand to taking a few pics) of you both to make sure you capture the moment. Your two hour experience departs Mort Bay, heads past Goat Island, Luna Park, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the opera house, farmers cove, the botanical gardens, Fort Denison to Taronga park zoo. Where you will anchor for high tea. Cruise the world famous harbour aboard a classic wooden sailboat, Ellen R has been meticulously restored to her original splendour. Built by Norman R. Wright & Sons in 1958 you will be transported back into a time of elegance, grace and style – be entertained by Captain Stu – with his many and various stories about life on Sydney Harbor (though you can tell him if you don’t want any commentary)
- Your own exclusive use of a classic 40 foot wooden cruiser built in 1958 by Norman R Wright & Sons and designed by Ron Wright. She was fully restored in 2017.
- Experienced skipper to guide you to the best vantage points to view the city of Sydney, Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Fort Denison.
- Delicious macaroons, sweet pastries, scones jam and cream, quiche, sandwiches
- A bottle of Chandon Sparkling Wine
- A selection of T2 teas
- Plenty of stories about the history of Sydney – it’s characters, icons and maritime mysteries.
- Starting in Mort Bay this experience cruises past Goat Island Sydney Harbour, then heads under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo (this is where you will drop anchor for high tea) with spectacular views back to the city – then returns to Mort Bay.
- Additional people can be accommodated with a per person fee (max 6)
This experience departs at 1.30pm and returns 4.00 pm (2.5.Hours) 1 hour cruising and 1 hour anchored for high tea, and half an hour return.
Weekday: Tuesday – Friday $495 (excludes public holidays)
Weekend: Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays $650
NUMBERS ON THE DAY
This experience is for two people. You will have exclusive use of your own private wooden with skipper and crew. Ask about extra people at time of booking (for an additional fee).
Our job is to make sure you are comfortable – you can be completely undercover and enclosed so even in winter this is a lovely experience. In summer there is a deck to lounge on. The experience provider is happy to reschedule for another time if it is very windy, or raining.
Comfortable clothing is recommended please bring jackets – even on hot days it can be chilly on the water if there is a breeze. And flat white soled shoes (though bare feet are welcome too). Non marking shoes are preferred.
Special dietary requirements such as gluten free or vegetarian can be accommodated. Please advise at time of booking. Location Pick up from public wharf on Mort Bay at the end of Yeend Street Birchgrove Balmain. This experience cruises Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour) under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo – then returns to Mort Bay. There is plenty of free street parking (or it is $20 cab from Sydney CBD) or a ferry from Circular Quay to Balmain Wharf. (A pick up at another place can be arranged for a $50 fee) Latitude and Longitude for Yeend St (Birchgrove) (coordinates of the marker on the map): -33.853251,151.188304