To learn a little about whisky and if you choose the whisky option you will learn what to look for, how to taste it… and the different origins and flavour of whisky. Each of the four whiskys will be matched with a cheese, nuts or chocolate depending on the intended experience of the whisky. There is no better venue (vessel to learn about the art of whisky).
Ellen R has been meticulously restored to her original splendour. Built by Norman R. Wright & Sons in 1958 you will be transported back into a time of elegance, grace and style – be entertained by Captain Stu – with his many and various stories about life on Sydney Harbor (though you can tell him if you don’t want any commentary) Sip the cocktail of your choice with a selection of cheeses, fruits and antipasta, enjoy the highlife and see the highlights of the harbour – there is no more beautiful, intimate and elegant way to experience the harbour.
This is the perfect experience to show the best of what Sydney has to offer. Captain Stu will ensure that you have the best views of the harbour – (and he will even turn his hand to taking a few pics) of you both to make sure you capture the moment. Your two hour experience departs Mort Bay, heads past Goat Island, Luna Park, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the opera house, farmers cove, the botanical gardens, Fort Denison to Taronga park zoo. Where you will anchor for your cocktails to be created.
- Your own exclusive use of a classic 40 foot wooden cruiser built in 1958 by Norman R Wright & Sons and designed by Ron Wright. She was fully restored in 2017.
- Experienced skipper to guide you to the best vantage points to view the city of Sydney, Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Fort Denison.
- Delicious anti pasta platter with cheeses, fruits and nuts.
- Choice of 4 whiskies
- A selection of soft drinks, beer, wine and teas available too
- Plenty of stories about the history of Sydney – it’s characters, icons and maritime mysteries.
- Starting in Mort Bay this experience cruises past Goat Island Sydney Harbour, then heads under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo (this is where you will drop anchor for your cocktails to be made and served) with spectacular views back to the city – then returns to Mort Bay.
- Additional people can be accommodated with a per person fee (max 10)
This experience departs at 4.30pm – 7.00 pm (winter) at 5.00pm – 7.30 pm (summer) (2.5 Hours) 1 hour cruising and 1hour anchored for whisky lesson – and .5 hours for return trip. Weather permitting.
Available Tuesday – Sunday (excludes public holidays)
NUMBERS ON THE DAY
This experience is valid for two to six people. You will have exclusive use of your own private wooden with skipper and crew. You can add up to four more people to this experience by simply adding a ‘single’ at check out for a per person price of $100.
Our job is to make sure you are comfortable – you can be completely undercover and enclosed so even in winter this is a lovely experience. In summer there is a deck to lounge on. The experience provider is happy to reschedule for another time if it is very windy, or raining.
Comfortable clothing is recommended please bring jackets – even on hot days it can be chilly on the water if there is a breeze. And flat white soled shoes (though bare feet are welcome too)
Special dietary requirements such as gluten free or vegetarian can be accommodated. Please advise at time of booking.
Pick up from public wharf on Mort Bay at the end of Yeend Street Birchgrove Balmain. This experience cruises Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour) under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo – then returns to Mort Bay. There is plenty of free street parking (or it is $20 cab from Sydney CBD) or a ferry from Circular Quay to Balmain Wharf. (By agreement I can pick up in other locations for a $50 fee)
Latitude and Longitude for Yeend St (Birchgrove) (coordinates of the marker on the map): -33.853251,151.188304